The type of specialist you need to see for you headache depends on what is causing it. Seen different specialists at different places can be both time and money consuming and tiresome and unmotivating.
In line with this, we have gathered the group of highly qualified specialists that work together to diagnose and treat each headache individually.
Why team approach?
The type of specialist you need to see for you headache depends on what is causing it. For migraine, this could be allergic reactions, nerve entrapment, deviated septum, hormones, depression, etc. Going to a different specialist at different places can be exhausting, and also time and money consuming.
At the LF Headache Centre, we gathered at one place - a group of specialists that can help you get a proper diagnosis of your headache and furthermore specifically treat your underlying condition.
Our type of specialists include:
- A neurologist is a leading specialist who is trained in conditions affecting the brain, spinal cord, muscles, and nervous system. If you’re experiencing difficulties with memory, balance, speaking and thinking, a neurologist may be able to help you.
- An otolaryngologist or ear, nose and throat (ENT) specialist, who will diagnose and treat any sinus complaints that could be causing your headaches.
- An OB-GYN, who will be able to determine whether your migraine attacks are related to your menstrual cycle or a hormonal imbalance.
- An allergist, who can test for immune system conditions or allergic reactions similar to the symptoms of a migraine.
- A dentist, who will examine the oral tissues, muscles, joints, teeth, and nerves to find out if there are dental issues causing the migraine.
- An ophthalmologist, who can determine whether your vision changes, loss of vision or light sensitivities are caused by migraine or vice versa.
- A manual therapist, who can help in the case when inflamed muscle and joints in the neck are causing the headache.
- An acupuncturist, who can help by targeting specific trigger points of your headache.
This team of specialists will consult and determine the best ways to treat your headache attack, which in most cases will be - multimodal therapy approach.
The specialist will take a medical history from you and carry out a careful examination, as well as reviewing any notes in the referral letter from your physician. This will be followed by a set of treatment recommendations, which includes lifestyle changes and a comprehensive approach to holistic health.
Suffering from frequent and severe migraines doesn’t constitute quality of life, scheduling an appointment with a specialist can help you identify and treat potential reasons for your headaches.
It’s also very useful to keep a migraine diary
detailing when you get attacks, and what you’re eating, drinking or doing when
They will take care of you
MEET THE TEAM
PETER JFM LOHUIS, MD PHD
BORIS FILIPOVIĆ, MD PHD
IVANA JURJEVIĆ, MD PHD
MARINA MILOŠEVIĆ, MD
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Feel free to
SCHEDULE A CONSULTATION
Fill out the questionnaire and schedule your first visitCONSULTATION