Find out more about
Polysomnography is a noninvasive sleep study used to diagnose, or rule out, many types of sleep disorders. During this test, a patient is hooked up to the equipment that monitors heart, lung and brain activity, breathing patterns, arm and leg movements, as well as blood oxygen levels while asleep.
- This test is performed at the clinic during one night and results of this test allow the specialist a detailed insight into patients sleep, and potential disorders.
THE PROCESS OF DIAGNOSING
You will be admitted to our clinic for one night. This examination is performed only in the laboratory during the night (min 6h) and under supervision of a sleep technologist.
Several sensors will be installed by our sleep technologists so that they can analyze the data of your night's sleep.
- Electroencephalography (EEG),
- Electro-oculogram (EOG),
- The electromyogram of the chin (CEMG),
- Nasal and oral flow
- Bands of respiratory efforts
- Heart rate and blood oxygen probe
- Positioning probe
- The electromyogram (EMG) of the legs
Following the night's sleep, the recorded parameters are carefully analyzed by our sleep specialist to detect and enumerate important events, such as when you stop breathing. According to these results, we will propose a second appointment to discuss together the various treatment options.
They will take care of you
MEET THE TEAM
PETER JFM LOHUIS, MD PHD
BORIS FILIPOVIĆ, MD PHD
BORIS ŠIMUNJAK, MD PHD
MARINA MILOŠEVIĆ, MD
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Feel free to
SCHEDULE A CONSULTATION
Fill out the questionnaire and schedule your first visitCONSULTATION