Find out more about
As we age, our faces naturally lose subcutaneous fat and the bone structure weakens. The facial muscles are then working closer to skin’s surface, so smile lines and crow's feet become more apparent. The facial skin also stretches a bit, adding to the loss of facial volume. Other factors that affect facial skin include sun exposure, heredity and lifestyle.
Dermal fillers based on hyaluronic acid are completely absorbable fillers which help temporarily diminish facial lines and restore volume and fullness to the face.
In our practice we use Restylane® , Belotero®, Teoxane®, Revitajal®, Ellanse® and Algeness® product lines.
- Quick office procedure with imitated natural-looking result
- Very helpful to those with early signs of aging
- Can postpone facial rejuvenation surgery
- Combined as a value-added part of facial rejuvenation surgery
fillers based on hyaluronic acid are completely absorbable fillers which can
help temporarily diminish facial lines and restore volume and fullness to the
face. Natural results can last up to one year.
Good candidates are patients with:
- Plump thin lips
- Receded jawline
- Recessed scars
- Bags under eyes
Not good candidates are patients with:
- Extremely loose or sagging skin. Surgery is a better course of treatment in these cases.
WHAT RESULTS TO EXPECT?
Dermal fillers can be very helpful in those with early signs of aging, or as a value-added part of facial rejuvenation surgery.
You may be a good candidate for dermal fillers if you are physically healthy, don't smoke and have realistic goals for the improvement of your appearance and are committed to maintaining good skin health.
Conditions treatable with dermal fillers are:
- Plump thin lips
- Enhance shallow contours
- Soften facial creases and wrinkles
- Improve the appearance of recessed scars
- Reconstruct contour deformities in the face
- Decrease or remove the shadow of the lower lids
HOW TO PREPARE FOR TREATMENT?
During your dermal fillers consultation, be prepared to discuss your goals with your surgeon as well as your past treatment with soft tissue fillers, botulinum toxin therapy, laser or other non-surgical facial procedures and any previous facial surgery.
surgeon may also:
- Evaluate your general health status and any pre-existing health conditions or risk factors
- Discuss your available options
- Examine and measure your face
- Take photographs
- Recommend a course of treatment
- Discuss likely outcomes of using soft tissue fillers and any risks or potential complications
It's important you understand all aspects of dermal fillers. It's natural to feel
some anxiety, whether it's excitement for your anticipated new look or a bit of
pre-treatment stress. Don't be shy about discussing these feelings with your
Know more about
fillers procedure includes the following steps:
- Step 1 – Facial assessment & mapping
Your plastic surgeon will evaluate your facial appearance and skin tone and examine the areas of your face to be augmented.
points on your face may be marked as the appropriate injection sites for the
filler. Photographs may be taken of the areas to be treated.
- Step 2 – Cleansing & anaesthetizing
The injection sites will be cleansed with an antibacterial agent.
Pain at the injection site may be ameliorated by the use of a very cold instrument to chill the skin, anaesthetic ointment to numb the skin or by the use of local Vibration Anaesthesia - NeuvibeTM, so the injection is almost pain free.
- Step 3 – The injection
Injection usually takes only a few moments per site. The process of injecting, massaging, and evaluating the result is performed and additional filler added as needed.
on the number of areas to be treated, the whole process may be as short as 15
minutes or as long as an hour.
- Step 4 – Clean up & recovery
Once the results are deemed satisfactory, any markings will be cleansed off and professional make-up maybe be put on by our cosmetician.
In some situations, it may not be possible to achieve optimal results with a single procedure. Most fillers do dissipate over time. To maintain your correction, you will need to consider repeating the injection process at intervals.
Time to heal
You may be offered an ice pack to reduce swelling and alleviate discomfort. Although the area may feel a bit tender for a day or two, it is usually not painful enough to require any medication.
You will have to decide if the benefits bring you to your goals and if the risks and potential complications of dermal fillers are acceptable.
We will explain, in detail, any risks and you will be asked to sign consent forms to ensure you fully understand the procedure.
Severe complications from dermal fillers are uncommon. Potential risks vary depending on the specific filler used and the relative permanence of the filler substance and they include:
- Acne-like skin eruptions
- Bruising, bleeding from the injection site, swelling
- Damage to the skin that results in a wound and possible scarring
- Infection at the injection site
- Palpability of the filler under the surface of the skin
- Skin rash with itching
- Skin redness
- Under- or over-correction of wrinkles
- Skin necrosis (ulceration or loss of skin from disruption of blood flow)
These risks and others will be fully discussed
prior to your consent.
Because significant complications can occur from dermal filler injections, it is important to be in care of a board-certified facial plastic surgeon that understands the risks and is trained and prepared to deal with any complications that may occur.
They will take care of you
MEET THE TEAM
PETER JFM LOHUIS, MD PHD
BORIS FILIPOVIĆ, MD PHD
BOŽO GORJANC, MD
MAJA KOVAČEVIĆ, MD
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
· During your dermal filler consultation, we will discuss your goals while also analysing your face features, skin condition and the aging process of your face.
· This will give us clues on what to expect from dermal filler treatment.
· Facial plastic surgeons that will perform treatment are certified by the European Board of Facial Plastic Surgery.
· It is important to choose a surgeon you can trust, so be well informed. The procedure is done in the surgeon’s office.
· Small needles or cannulas are used for injections using a different type of local anaesthesia, making the procedure painless.
· Procedure takes from 15 minutes to one hour.
· You will look fresh and youthful in your face and you may notice full results within a few days.
· This improvement typically lasts about six months to one year.
· It's natural to feel some anxiety, whether it's excitement for your anticipated new look or a bit of stress.
· Don't be shy about discussing these feelings with your plastic surgeon.
Feel free to
SCHEDULE A CONSULTATION
Fill out the questionnaire and schedule your first visitCONSULTATION